Health and Safety
All HIRERS of the Village Hall and regular users shall be familiar with the following:
- The importance of exercising care and consideration for others in the use of the Hall facilities and equipment.
- Village Hall NO SMOKING policy.
- Village Hall NO ANIMALS (excepting guide dogs) policy.
- The use of appropriate footwear.
- The importance of using furniture and equipment for agreed purposes only.
- Actions require in the event of power failure, equipment malfunction or damage to premises or equipment.
- Responsibility for managing the security of the hall throughout the period of use.
- Actions to be taken in the event of fire including calling the Fire Brigade and evacuation of the hall.
- The location and use of fire equipment.
- Escape routes and the need to keep them clear.
- Method of operation of escape door fastenings.
- The importance of fire doors and the need to keep them closed at the time of a fire.
- The location of first aid kit within the kitchen.
- The location of the accident reporting book and the need to record all instances of an accident however minor.
- Caution to be exercised when moving furniture and equipment.
- Location of emergency telephone numbers.
- Responsibility for ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen and required standards of hygiene if food is being prepared.
- Care and consideration in the use and cleaning of kitchen equipment